Welcome to WISEACRE! Tranquility & whimsy in 4,000sf estate on Lake Whitehurst, 3-acre backyard featuring water on all 3 sides. 2 guest bedrooms w/en-suite bath, chef's kitchen. 15 minutes to Va Beach Oceanfront, 5 minutes to Chesapeake Bay. Patios, hot tub, Wifi, oh so much space in Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired home-share. Families, friends, couples, groups. Dog-friendly (extra $), plenty of free parking. Chill Superhost, 400+ 5-star reviews.
Welcome to Wiseacre, an expansive retreat reminiscent of 1950s Las Vegas with a dollop of “Mad Men” tossed in. This whimsical 4000sf Frank Lloyd Wright-inspired Mid-Century Modern property offers a relaxing respite from the rat race, all on one-level with a cavernous 650sf great room (20-foot ceilings), chef's kitchen, 10-foot dining table, hot tub, porch & patio—and 3 acres of landscaped grounds surrounded by Lake Whitehurst (fishing, sublime sunsets).
--> PLEASE READ THIS * PLEASE READ THIS * PLEASE PLEASE READ THIS...
* This is an Airbnb home-share. That means I live at the property. When home, I spend a majority of time in my office, allowing you full access to ALL spaces in the 4,000sf house. Think of it as a cross between a facilities manager and your own butler on call. Please check out our 400+ five-star reviews for guests' perspective.
Unfortunately, guests continue to book without absorbing this essential detail... That's why you will see it repeated 6 times through the listing... apologies for the redundancy!
* Guests are privy to 2 private bedrooms with queen-size beds, one with 55" HDTV/DVR/DVD. They share a modern jack & jill bathroom w/step-in shower. Additional overnight/sleeping options available in the Great Room.
* Keyless self-entry, free WiFi, limitless free off-street parking & coffee/tea make your stay all the more comfortable.
* Amazon Echo available throughout the house... let the music play!
* Hot tub within all-season porch (robes provided), multiple terraces w/seating, spectacular sunrises & sunsets, fishing.
--> Any group of more than six hosted at the home must be discussed in advance.
--> Your host is on-premises during your stay at this Airbnb home-share. Consider this your private getaway... with a butler.
* Wiseacre is pleased to allow HOUSE-TRAINED, SOCIALIZED dogs. Please discuss in advance. Fee is $45. --> no cats.
* While we love dogs here, if yours suffers from separation anxiety, DO NOT BRING TO WISEACRE. If your pet consistently barks for more than 15 minutes, I will provide video evidence: Your fee is then $75. THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR: If your pet is anxious during your absence, please leave at (your) home.
** You are responsible for the behavior of your dog. Charges evaluated in the event of harm to carpets, woodwork, linens, etc. -->
We are 5 minutes from the Chesapeake Bay and Norfolk Botanical Garden, while the Virginia Beach oceanfront/boardwalk is an easy 15-minute drive. Busch Gardens, Williamsburg, Yorktown & Jamestown are an hour away.
--> Absolutely NO VISITORS to the home other than those booked overnight, without discussing before arrival.
--> Your host is on premises during your stay. Consider this your private getaway... with a butler.
* Local restaurants, taverns, groceries, gas, museums, shopping within minutes. The Wiseacre "Guidebook" is packed with suggestions!
* High-speed Internet: Password shared upon arrival.
* Keyless entry, with personalized 4-digit code.
* Towels & Linens provided. Shampoo, conditioner, blow dryer, iron.
* Coffee & Tea: And lots of it.
* Parking: Private driveway.
* Sweet 5yo Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Charlotte is your co-host. She spends 99% of her time with me in my office, and will grant you privacy—or love.
Enjoy the best of both worlds: serenity on-site & all conveniences minutes away. Welcome to Coastal Virginia... and Wiseacre!
=PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING BEFORE POTENTIALLY BOOKING=
* This is an Airbnb home-share. That means I live at the property. Think of it as a cross between a facilities manager and your own butler on call. Please check out our 400+ five-star reviews for guests' perspective.
入住时间 下午2:00后、退房时间 上午11:00
The view of the house is very good, and it is very big. The landlord is very enthusiastic. The house we could use had two rooms, but the landlord charged $48 extra. I don't see a washer or dryer in this house. The sheets and covers were not clean and I do not think they were washed. The white pillowcase is dusty and has some smell. There are a lot of ants in my room, maybe because of the sugar and chocolate on the table. All in all, the view of the house is very nice, but it is not very comfortable to live in.
Chuck's place is perfect. So is Chuck. I have several aiabnb experience over the world. I am always lucky to meet the great hosts, but I have to say Chuck is the best. We love Wiseacre. Ask Chuck what does it mean.lol. Definjtely will come back for the perfect relaxing place.
It's a great pace and perfect house! I spent a wonderful vocation here with families!Chunck is so nice and warm that make you feel relax here!you really shouldn't miss it.
* Located on the border of Norfolk & Virginia Beach and adjacent to the Little Creek Norfolk Naval Base, minutes from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, I-64, 460, Shore Drive (Route 60).
* Minutes from Norfolk International Airport.
* Within a half mile: countless local restaurants, taverns, groceries, churches, gas, wine & liquor, conveniences and retail.
* Wiseacre is 5 minutes from the Chesapeake Bay and Norfolk Botanical Garden, while the Virginia Beach oceanfront/boardwalk is an easy 15-minute drive. Downtown Norfolk and hip Ghent are 12 minutes away on I-64.
* For a day trip, Williamsburg and Busch Gardens are an hour’s drive.
* Norfolk Premium Outlet Mall and IKEA are 5 minutes away.
* Norfolk International Airport is 5 minutes away. Uber/Lyft serve the region. Rental cars on-site at the airport.
* Minutes from I-64, the Bay Bridge Tunnel, Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel, Shore Drive and Norfolk Naval Base.
* For those driving to Coastal Virginia, Wiseacre offers a secluded & safe private driveway.
HELLO! I've been sharing my home since November 2014, and I love the pioneering spirit of Airbnb guests from all walks of life! As a Superhost, I hope to provide everything you need, but more so, to do what I can to help you create lots of new memories here at Wiseacre, with no fuss. I want to you feel at HOME during your stay. I have worked as a professional journalist for more than three decades. I'm a friendly, conversational, open-minded guy. If you'd like to share a beverage on the terrace, I'm game. Or if you'd rather enjoy your privacy and have a getaway from life's chaos, this 4,000sf home also allows for minimal interaction. The choice is yours. Hope to see you soon! =Chuck=